Saturday, July 12, 2008

photoshop skills not necessary







So I was checking my email today when I noticed this little gem of an advertisement on the screen.

Now, I've seen a TON of weight-loss ads, and I'm well aware of the fact that:

1.) they usually make false claims

-and-

2.) the models are *usually* airbrushed.
Okay...pretty much always airbrushed.

But see, typically? Typically they're airbrushed to look, well, NOT airbrushed. Sneaky, I know.

However, if you take a look at the model above, it's hard not to notice that instead of nicely airbrushing some curves in her midsection, they blatantly just took out a chunk of her body. I mean, they didn't even soften the edges! Look above her belly button. It honestly looks like a chupacabra came and had her spleen for a snack.

Is that the secret that will shock me? That a chupacabra will chomp out random bits of my anatomy, thereby allowing me to fit into my skinny jeans again?

In that case, mission accomplished.

No comments: