Thursday, August 7, 2008

cultured



















The first movie theater Jeff and I saw a movie at together is just a few minutes from his house, near Lincoln Ave.

We saw Slither there about 2 years ago after a nice meal at Lou Mal's. Back then, it must have been owned by a big movie theater company because it showed all the latest releases...and had an ample parking lot.

Not too long ago, it was sold to someone else, and I'm guessing it was an individual or a family, mainly because the parking lot was not sold with the building. That's right, there's no where to park if you want to see a movie. Well, there is...a few blocks and a hike across a bridge away.

And yes, a police car is stationed near the theater to ticket anyone who parks within a reasonable walking distance.

We drove past this theater recently, to see that, in addition to the mainstream blockbusters, the theater is now showing what I assume are movies popular to either the owners' or the local demographic?

So I did a little research. Turns out Mehbooba and Thoda Pyar (it's actually spelled "Pyaar." Good to see that even after an ownership change, there are still mistakes being made on the marquis) are Bollywood offerings.

Wiki pages are helpful, I know...but video clips are better:

Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic:

This one actually looks pretty good. And if they had subtitles, I'd probably go see it.

And here's the trailer for Mehbooba:


But apparently, it's a remake? Not sure. Here's some footage from "Mehbooba" from 1976:



I think it's pretty cool, actually. (Despite the fact that yes, I laughed when I saw the word "boob" in big black letters on the marquis...what can I say? I'm still somewhat of an adolescent when it comes to body parts.)



But what I can't understand is, why is Momma Mia under new management?

And why do people interested in group sales need to call Hancock?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...so what time do I show up to see the last showing of Batman if its at "000?"
~ jeffy ; )