Wednesday, August 6, 2008

post-pierogi pool party



















When I was in grade school, my friend Jackie taught me how to make a George Washington hairdo in the pool. That was over 17 years ago, and to this day I find it equally as hilarious as the first time.

Basically, all you have to do is dunk your head under, and flip all of your hair in front of your face. When you come up, you'll look a bit like Cousin It. When you come out of the water, before you toss your head back, take the ends of your hair and flip your hair up and voila!

You are Washington.

It's also funny because the guys at work showed me this: Washington, Washington.

Why am I bringing all of this up? (And more importantly, why am I allowing you to see such a horrendous picture of me?) Because after Pierogifest, my friends and I decided that the bars were too crowded (one even closed early and only a select few [not us] were allowed to go in and pay for over-priced drinks...sheesh, the nerve!), and we were overheated.

The solution? Free beer and swimming at my house. So we jumped in in t-shirts and underwear and drank (free) Fosters, Leinie's, and Old Style. We even called in to 103.5 Kiss FM (it was the only commercial-free station that came in clear on my radio with the broken antenna).

Actually, Angela called and here's what she said:

"This is Angela from [sometown], Indiana! Pierogifest woo! We're swimming naked [note: we really weren't] and drinking beer! Beer! Pierogies! Yay! What happens at Pierogifest stays at Pierogifest! George Washington is here!"

(Me into the phone: "I'm George Washington. I'm drinkin' and I'm swimming naked and I love Pierogies! Washington! yay!")

Angela again: "Woo hoo! Oh yeah, and Melissa has a sweet pussy!"

Click. (What's more? Angela actually hung up...not the DJ. Mission accomplished.)

About an hour later, the DJ played the call.

Well, sort of...

Kiss FM: DJ: "Hey girl what's up?"
Angela: "This is Angela from [sometown], Indiana!"
Kiss FM DJ: "And what's goin' on tonight, girl?
Angela: "It's Pierogifest and we're drinking beer and swimming naked!"
Kiss FM DJ: "Aw girl, you wilin' out! (laughing)"
Angela: "What happens at Pierogifest stays at Pierogifest!"
Kiss FM DJ: "All right, girl! You guys are crazy! Have fun! Kiss FM" (Cue some remix of a song they played 30 minutes before.)

Wait. Hold up.
They edited out George Washington.
(Some might argue this goes against all things patriotic...)

...damn censorship.


1 comment:

Schmerica said...

HAAHAHHAHAAAHHAHAAH joanna and i make george washington hairdos in the pool all the time! and yes it is still hilarious. in fact- so hilarious that she took a photo of me sporting one and it comes up on her phone whenever i call. woohooo! GEORGE!