Sunday, February 22, 2009

sunday, sunday, sunday

So, I'm in one of those moods where I just don't know what to do with myself. All weekend it's been like this. I cleaned a little, took a bubble bath, created a new station on Pandora that I adore. Watched a movie. But I feel restless. I think it's because I desperately want spring to get here.

Not just because of the warm weather, but I'll also be quitting smoking. Most people don't look forward to this, but I kind of am. My hair and clothes will smell prettier, I won't wake up feeling like I slept face down in a chimney all night. And, unless I've already done too much damage, I'll be able to sing without getting scratchy or losing lung capacity.

To ensure that I don't break my rule and smoke within the first 3 weeks of my quit date, I'm scheduling a wisdom tooth extraction. (Not for this purpose alone, of course. It needs to be pulled. Fucking extra teeth that nobody needs...) Can't smoke for 2 weeks after an extraction, so I figured it was perfect timing.

That and I more scared about getting the tooth pulled than completely altering a lifestyle I've known since I was 17 (on and off).

So, in the weeks after March 20th, you may notice that I'm cranky...and that I have gauze in my mouth...

...juts try to ignore it. It'll all be worth it later on. :)

Was going to rant about how old I'm feeling lately...but after typing it out, I realized that I'm an idiot.

No comments: