Thursday, October 23, 2008

excuse the bitchin', i can't complain

So....yesterday...I was a bit of a bit----....grump, shall we say? Last night I ended up going to Mother's with Jeff, singing karaoke and enjoying birthday toasts with him and Matty, and even seeing an old live band karaoke friend who I haven't seen in years.

Of course, I've also learned that at 28, my body can't tolerate 3 Tom Collins, a Jagerbomb, Chambord and pineapple shot, and a BJ shot. In other words, my liver be painin' today.

Also, after waking up this morning I had:

  • About 10 calls from Max wishing me a happy birthday.
  • An inbox full of happy Birthday emails.
  • A card from Brynn on my chair at work
  • Said card had a button on it that reads," Another Year Sexier!" which I plan to wear all day.
  • A birthday work email, informing everyone that I also share my birthday with "Weird" Al Yankovic, among others...

    And, as I was getting ready, I was listening to the radio when Poison's "Nothing but a Good Time" came on.
First of all, that's just a great song to hear on your birthday (or any day) in general, but second, and most important, that was my dear friend Lewis's jam. We all sang it at his Live Band Karaoke memorial right after he passed. And when I heard it this morning, it was like he was sending me his birthday wish. Maybe that's mushy, but it meant a lot to me, and it made me realize that it's not about the parties or the celebrations---it's about the people you care about and who care about you.

And apparently, I'm fortunate enough to have a shit-ton of them. Love you guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAAAAPPPPPY BURFDAAAAY BABY!

"Growing old is mandatory...
...Growing up is optional !"

luv U,

~ me