Sunday, April 13, 2008

NKOTB



Okay, so I'll admit, when I heard that New Kids on the Block were planning reunion tour, I reverted to an 11-year-old preteen. I was a bit excited.

Part of it was the fact that at this point in my life, I'm swiftly approaching 30 and it would be nice to reminisce about my preteen days, with all of the knowledge I've gained since. The other part stemmed from the fact that I was curious to see what these boys would look like all grown up.

Can I just say that I think I might be psychic? Have you seen Joey McIntyre lately? Hot. (And this in no way implies that I am unhappy with the love of my life...I'm just saying, little Joey is all grown up and damn, he's hot.) Jonathan Knight isn't too shabby either. He looks like he'd be the good-dad type. And Donnie? Well, I've always had respect for him. He was the NKOTB bad boy, and then he hit Hollywood.

Unfortunately, although I'm sure Jordan Knight is a nice guy (and I even like that solo jam he had a few years back), he's beginning to resemble Joan Rivers...I think he's had some work done. And as for Danny...well, he hasn't changed bit. Unfortunately that means that his old nickname still fits...a name my girlfriends and I gave him as preteens: Monkeyface. (I think a lot of people called Danny "Monkeyface" though.) Yep. He's still Monkeyface.

Okay, so 3 out of 5 ain't bad.

And I'm still going to see them if and when they come to Chicago. I'll be sure to bring my gigantic Joey McIntyre pins and black hat with the top cut out. Hell, maybe I'll even get a perm---for shits and giggles.

No comments: