Wednesday, May 7, 2008

never noticed the redbud trees before


Sunday I noticed redbud trees for the first time...ever. There they were...beautiful, electric purple trees. How did I ever miss them?

The old adage is that we should all take time to "stop and smell the roses" but I've always thought roses smell like outdated perfume. I mean, if you like roses, by all means, smell them, but I think there are so many more things that we should stop to do as well.

I just read a sad story and I'm not going to go into detail, but it was local and it involved someone who also attended PUC and was just about to graduate.

I'm pretty aware of the important things in life, but stories like this always give me that extra, introspective nudge to really keep the important stuff well...important.

Noticing the quiet beauty of the redbud trees gave me that nudge too.

I guess sometimes the Universe just wants to make sure we keep things in perspective.

No comments: