Tuesday, May 20, 2008

tuesday

I couldn't think of a catchier title.

Sorry.

After dropping Max off at school, I immediately headed down to the basement and realized that this is the first Tuesday since September that I haven't had something to work on. In the past it was searching Craiglsist, Monster, and Careerbuilder, looking for more hopeless rejection and sending out resumes and cover letters, you know, just to pour salt in the wound.

Lately, it's been working on stuff for the Jellyvision audition and one flyer for Miss Jackie and the Sass.

But today? Today I'm reading blogs, drinking coffee, and feverishly hitting refresh on my Yahoo! Mail Inbox. (So far, just an inspirational e-mail from my mom...bless her heart.)

I took a break to pay a visit to the porcelain god a few minutes ago (coffee seems to have that effect), and I ended up getting pissed off. Which, in this situation, is probably better than getting pissed on.

It seems these expensive, lacy, frilly, girl underwear that I paid way too much for (for chry-yi, they touch my freaking ass all day. That doesn't seem cause for them to cost about as much as a small Coach handbag),well, they're garbage.

As I pulled on them, the freaking ripped. Nearly in half.

A single thread is the only thing keeping them from morphing from panties to a handkerchief. Not that I plan on using them as a handkerchief should that string decide to break.

But it really is quite metaphorical. All that time and effort to create something so intricate and delicately embroidered...and all that's keeping it together is a tiny string that could break at any moment.

Maybe there's something in my inbox now...

No comments: