Monday, May 19, 2008

the waiting is the hardest part part 2

So I had my final interview with Jellyvision on Friday. In short, I have been a burlap sack of nerves since, well, since early April when I sent my resume and cover letter.

I think my stomach has begun eating itself in anticipation.

It doesn't help that at work today I've been assigned the task of proofreading and double-checking spreadsheets due to a balance discrepancy. In other words, the task leaves my mind free to wonder things like, "What if my thank you email didn't go through?" "What if the use of the word 'fart' in my interview gave them second thoughts?" "Okay, so...buffaloes from Buffalo are Buffalo buffalo...who buffalo Buffalo buffalo...but what about the buffalo buffalo part?!?!'" and to check my email every 2.875647 seconds.

My heart jumped when I saw the "Inbox (1)" link. Unfortunately, it was just Circuit City trying to sell me a piece of technology I either don't want or don't need.

I guess this waiting and anticipation isn't such a bad thing. I mean, it puts things in perspective...like how badly I want this. I mean, if I didn't care, then I wouldn't be nervous. And that would be a bad thing.

Now...time to stare at the phone for a few minutes...willing it to ring.

Edit: I forgot to mention that this morning I heard St Elmo's Fire on the radio at work. I've sort of made this song my anthem as of late...I don't really know why. But I heard it and imagined it was a sign of good things to come. Here's hoping...

No comments: