Friday, June 6, 2008

i am sooooo not a murderer

So today the power went out at work. There were some guys in hard hats outside the building, so I'm assuming that it was their doing.

Unfortunately, I was recording some audio in a room with no windows at the time of the outage. And wouldn't you figure, I was learning how to use the program and the equipment. Of course, the power cut out at the exact same time I hit a button.

There I was, in a soundproof box, in complete darkness, thinking that I had just caused the power failure myself.

When I opened the booth door, I made my way (very slowly...) to the door, to hear my friends downstairs discussing the power failure. Phew. It wasn't me. Which was fortunate. What was unfortunate was that half of my audio was lost. Crap.

To pass the time, and to introduce us newbies to the rest of the team, we played a few rounds of Murderer. I was a freaking Townsperson EVERY TIME. However, I was unfairly accused a fair number of times. It was hilarious.

During the final round, it was down to me, Arnie, and Bob. I accused Bob because I was right next to Arnie and he never made a peep the entire time during the "murders." But I DID hear noise from Bob's area.

Bob, went next and after hearing my accusation, immediately pointed the finger at me.

It was all up to Arnie.

Now, I don't blame him, because well, I'm sure not knowing much about me there wasn't a whole lot of trust. I also didn't have any good defense besides, "It was totally Bob!"

In the end, Arnie chose me. And Bob had successfully massacred our "town" of 16 people.

Then the power came on and we all went back to work.

My first week at JV was awesome.

No comments: