Sunday, June 8, 2008

if i were in kansas...



















...I might not be there anymore.

Yes...that's an actual picture of an actual tornado, actually taken by me and my actual (usually sub-par, but in this case actually wonderful) camera.

That is also Jeff's arm, and Jeff's car door.

Surprisingly enough, we were parking for a wedding reception, and the tornado was passing the banquet hall just a few miles away...heading toward my house.

As we drove to the reception hall, we realized that we were actually driving INTO THE PATH of the tornado. Thankfully, it wasn't the direct path, but at the point of realization we only had two options:

1.) Keep driving (we were almost there!)
or
2.) Take shelter at the Industrial Strip---a strip club famous for its Friction Dances. (Apparently, if you get one of these Friction Dances, you also get a complimentary t-shirt that lets the whole room know that you paid for a Friction Dance at the Industrial Strip and all you got was this stupid t-shirt---and a major boner. What? I saw some guy at the bar sporting his t-shirt...)

We decided to keep driving.

We did make it safely to the reception, albeit a few minutes late. (Did I mention that in addition to the tornado, I also got a flat tire while shopping for a dress to wear to the reception and then as we got in the car to go to the reception, that new dress broke?)

Needless to say, the reception was fun and the tornado didn't cause any major damage in our area.

I've heard that rain on your wedding day means you'll be rich.

I wonder what a tornado on your wedding day means?

No comments: