Wednesday, June 18, 2008

whoops

I realize that I forgot to set a post to post today. I know some of you check back regularly, (actually, not some...both. Both of you check back regularly....that's sarcasm folks. What can I say, it's early and my coffee JUST finished brewing. Which. Is. Awesome. Anyways...), so I didn't want to leave you hanging.

The truth is, this post is actually about nothing at all. It's filler if you will. But you keep reading it, which is awesome. Like my words have the ability to hypnotize you. Or perhaps it's that you don't trust the narrator (that's me!), and are thinking to yourselves, "Surely she's going to say SOMETHING relevant. If I just hang on to the end, it will be all worth it."

But I assure you. I plan to say nothing relevant. It's as though I'm simply putting words on the page for the sake of doing it. I could write that orange elephants fart turnips and you'd keep reading. I'm hoping it's because you're entertained. That's my main goal. To entertain you. To give you some sort of break in your day. Maybe even a little schadenfreude (that means that you feel better about yourself because of someone else's misery...interesting, right?)

And you want to stop. I know you do. You want to click that little "X" at the top of your window and close it all. But you won't. You can't. Even if you do, a few minutes from now you'll probably be wondering what you missed. That little voice in your head will still be saying, "Something relevant. Something relevant. What if I miss it? What if it's a key to the meaning of life?" And it will dig around in your brain, until you come back and finish reading.

Please don't feel like I'm egging you on. I mean, I keep pointing out the fact that you continue to read these words that really don't mean anything. I like the fact that you're still reading. As a matter of fact, I'm drunk with power. I bet I could go on for three more pages and you'd at least make it to page two.

Okay, I wouldn't really expect you to read to page two if I continued to write about writing nothing. But would you? I hope you would. Or maybe not. I have no idea. I can't even imagine what kind of nonsense I'd have to write to fill up two pages. It would be pretty ridiculous.

But I bet you'd keep reading it. So thank you.


See? Like I said. Nothing relevant. But...you made it. Good for you...I think? Regular posting returns tomorrow. (I know...."Phew!")

No comments: